B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
Mechanical Engineering includes the science and art of formulation, design, development and control of systems and components involving thermodynamics, mechanics, fluid mechanics, mechanisms and the conversion of energy into useful work. The lateral entry to B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, addresses both the quest to understand how things work and the desire to put this understanding to practical use. The student body is guided by faculty, who holds national and international recognition, who are members of prestigious engineering societies and counted among the outstanding scholars in their profession.
Mechanical engineering technologists are specialists in the infrastructure design, development and maintenance, which include elevators, central heating, ventilation and air conditioning system and advanced security arrangements. There’s a lot of technology at work in today’s commercial and institutional buildings, from energy efficient boilers to complex Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning systems. Building systems require regular, skilled maintenance-mechanical and technical support. That’s why mechanical engineers are in high demand.
Some of the key components of our program will be –
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems associated with heating, ventilation, air conditioning technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices
- To do maintenance, repair and production of heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipments and its systems
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing of heating, ventilation, air conditioning gadgets/domestic appliances, making joints and carrying out ducting & piping work
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace mechanical/heating, ventilation, air conditioning machinery used in various industrial and domestic appliances
- Enable to do industrial installation, laying pipes, ducting, earthing, installing indoor, outdoor units with their accessories, wiring, testing of control & operational circuits
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic, industrial installation in refrigeration and air conditioning systems to install, erect and commission entire equipments
Cutting Edge Laboratories & Facilities
At Chitkara University, we have state of the art laboratories including thermal engineering, heattransfer, dynamics, metallurgy, metrology and fuels. Modern computing facilities are available for students at the CAD & Computer Integrated Manufacturing Laboratories.
Scope of Employment
- In a wide range of exciting industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Bio-medical, Chemical, Computers, Electronics, Fossil and Nuclear Power, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Robotics and Textiles.
- In areas of research & development, design, testing and evaluation, manufacturing, operations and maintainance, marketing, sales and administration.
- In public sector units like Railways, ONGC, Indian Oil, ISRO, SAIL, NTPC, DDRO and IAF.
We have leading mechanical and automotive companies visiting our campus regularly for placement activities. Our students have also obtained placements at leading companies such as Infosys, Godrej, Escort, L&T, Wipro, ISMT, Mahindra & Mahindra, JCB, Eicher, Bosch, Ashok Leyland and many more.
Career opportunities abound in wide spectrum of industries as executives, specialists, technologists, engineers or managers in:
- Mechanical engineering industry
- Cement, paper, chemical & other manufacturing industry
- Building services industry
- HVAC & Facility management industry
- Operations management
- Sustainable Design & Solutions
- Clean Energy & Automation Research & Development
Corporate Recruitment Partners
Given below are some of the blue chip companies where students pursuing Mechanical Engineering from Chitkara College of Applied Engineering will get opportunities to work as intern or full time.